The Bertani family has owned the family vineyards since 1857, when two brothers, Gaetano and Giovan Batista Bertani purchased the land and began producing exceptional wines. The Corvina grape variety is one of the predominate grapes grown in the Veneto region. In this Amarone the Corvina Veronese offers 70%, and the remaining 30% is blended using the Rondinella variety. The grapes are harvested by hand to ensure the best quality for vinification. The color of wine is deep purple, with aromas of cherries, wild red berries, dried fruit, and a touch of spice. On the palate the cherries were present, along with the red berries, and licorice. This is an elegant wine, with soft tannins, luscious mouth-feel, and a great finish. This Amarone is well worth the price tag for a quality Italian wine.